- What is it about: We have brought together the collective experiences in Children’s Ministry and the best available educational resources to the project to train the future teachers of our own local church and many other christian churches in the Dominican Republic.
- The project: Spread over 24 months, the proposed training whould focus on the preparation, couching and cheering approximately 120 volunteer teachers who serve, or wish to serve, in children’s ministry of multiple churches in the Dominican Republic. Furthermore, we aim to train a number of instructors to ensure high-quality and competent replication for our target population.
Training + Advocation for
Youth Teachers in Dominican Republic
Three parts of the project
- Research and development programme: Deliverables: Pastors reach-out (round table discussion )+ design and complete a survey to 500 youth teachers to identify opportunities and create a secure database of contacts.
- Program launch. An event for 120 children’s teachers and their pastors. It will have three parts: advocation, short training and gathering.
- Implementation: 80 group training sessions (face-to-face) per year (10 participants per group, 100 participants in total), 3 gatherings together with their pastors and a final graduation event.
A presentation of Christian doctrines with a special focus teaching and application when ministering to children. We will learn about the person of God, the work of Christ, the church, and the end times. All with the purpose of explaining and applying in such a way that children understand it.
We will learn that children are just as important as adults in the life of the church, and that the Lord’s means of grace can reach the little ones from the earliest age.
We will learn a methodology for the design of effective, creative programs with clear objectives. With this, the participants will be able to create their own programs to reach children, contextualized to their reality, following the vision of their local church and according to the specific needs of their audience.